Hi from scotland!

Rick brown

Aug 26, 2019
Hey everyone.

I am currently planning on seting up my roma 200 for a pleco.

For the past few years I have been running planted aquariums and have some good success with some bumps too but decided I wanted to try my hand at something new.

Currently the tank is heavily planted low tech with 2 angelfish, around 15 neon tetra's and some amano shrimp and a handful of oto's, the plan is to strip all the plants from the tank, do a big water change, let it settle, do another water change a day later and then put a cover of dark sand over the top of the current gravel substrate, then I am thinking about gettting some black lava rock and a big piece of bog wood and building a mound in the middle of the tank with a cave included, only plants I will use are floaters in order to help remove bad stuff from the water and provide plenty of shade.

The pleco I am considering getting eventually will be a Blue Phantom Pleco hopefully as the colours are nice and the max size I have read about seems a nice fit for my tank.

Thanks for reading and I am always open to constructive advice and very open to been told if I am doing something wrong, it is how we learn!