Hypancistrus sp. ???

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
I've committed the cardinal sin and gone over to the Hypancistrus, I almost feel ashamed :)

I got 12 of these fellas today, between 20-30mm. Sorry for the lousy pictures, they are from my iphone whilst still in the shop tanks. I'll update the thread when I get better pics. But for the time being what are your opinions on them?

A short vid, I've yet to master embedding.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQTNajGRuw"]Hypancistrus sp. ???[/ame]

dan1801a

Aug 10, 2010
Derby
They look fantastic. :thumbup:

Well done on inbedding. :clap:

Just shown my wife and she likes then too, she said they look like somone " SRIBBLED " on them !! Women. :wb:

Where did you get them ? Rare aquatics ?

Last edited:

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
scribble -probably l66
very nice,, can see why you got them.
are they in a big tank? cos that many might fight when they mature

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Scribble plec-If they are from Pier then "L400".

Nice fish and they dont lose their vivid colours as they get older. About 3 years away from being a breeding project though mat:D

Cheers

thegeeman

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
Yes they are L066, I already 'knew' this before, but just wanted to see what L numbers people would throw at me.

Across the forums I posted these on, these were the others suggested for them: L236, L333, L399, L400, Hyp. 'Gurupa'.

I wanted to highlight the difficulties and differences in opinions that people have when it comes to scribbly Hypancistrus. In all honesty I'm not fussed about what are they, it's more poignant to say that they were pretty enough to turn the head of a dedicated Panaque fan, a big credit to the breeder :D