i just bought this today

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
sold as a L 168 its about 5.5cms and I beleive that it's a male just need to conferm it's ID
thanks
this photo was taken as soon as i got home so it was pale

this is him 10min later kinda setled in

my abn lf fry are gettin on well i guess lol

Last edited by a moderator:

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
The problem with your photo's is that you cannot upload from a hard disk drive or usb device (ie your phone) directly into a thread. You need to upload it to either the gallery on here or to a photo hosting site (photobucket etc).
I can see you have tried to upload it directly from F drive on your computer.
[IMG*http://F:\phone pic's\fish\L 168/IMG_0300[/IMG*

Have a read of this thread and if you have any problems don't hesitate to ask.
how to post your pics

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
thank you bre i read the thread for uploading posts after i stuffed it up !
went through the gallery but it failed.
this time saying that the photos could be too big i think that is what it said?
il try uploading them again hopefully it works if not how do i shrink photo size ?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
you eitehr need to shrink the photos on the computer with some photo editing software, or change settings on camera to take lower resolution pictures.

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
thank you iv got all the pics that were correct size on now just need to entre then click the picture that is current !

i took the picture with my phone got 3 4 photo app's and i use 2 different ones
sorry first time posting pic's

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
no need to be sorry, everybody has to learn sometime.

If you don't have proper photo editing programs, you can also use "Paint" on windows, just find the photo, right click, then open with, and paint. When paint opens with your pic, go to the image option across the top, then down to stretch/skew and lower the % of both the stretch boxes (leave the skew boxes alone). I usually lower it 25%, but it really depends on how large the photo is to start with.

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
It sure is a Dekeyseria brachyura L168 and too small to say what sex it is at 6cm.
thank you for that
reson was that there are the l052's that when i was researching said there diferent but could be the same as during wet sesson there habitate joins?
thank you again it said growing size is different plus strips are also different

lol iv looked at enogh pic's now i think i can kinda tell lol :wacko:

for future refrence iknow they change colour dependent on substrate and situation "stresed"
but how can you tell if they are a goos speciment ?

once again thank you
p.s. im looking for some more have a WTB add going please send me a pm

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
that sounds good kingtiger, to me, from the small pics it looks like a young hypan-type and could be one of several Lnumbers or scribble plec. L270 etc. they all look very similar when young. I would not have thought of Dekeyseria as I have not kept them.

Kingtiger

May 4, 2009
Sydney Parramatta
thank you for that
reson was that there are the l052's that when i was researching said there diferent but could be the same as during wet sesson there habitate joins?
thank you again it said growing size is different plus strips are also different

lol iv looked at enogh pic's now i think i can kinda tell lol :wacko:

for future refrence iknow they change colour dependent on substrate and situation "stresed"
but how can you tell if they are a goos speciment ?

once again thank you
p.s. im looking for some more have a WTB add going please send me a pm
L052 have different pattern but same phyical structure. Not many L052 around but there are some breeders about. From memory L127 (Holly) have a breeding colony, a mod of a past forums.

IMO Germen breeds has better quality, e.g. colour is more vibrant and less washed out then asian breed.

Cheers

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
L052 have different pattern but same phyical structure. Not many L052 around but there are some breeders about. From memory L127 (Holly) have a breeding colony, a mod of a past forums.

IMO Germen breeds has better quality, e.g. colour is more vibrant and less washed out then asian breed.

Cheers
thank you for all info regarding my post much appricated
for some reason though i thought that the l168 was more rear only really found on far east coast ? i think i read ?
anyways im happy
i also thought that the back fins if longer were males ? that is why i thought it was male !:lol: shows what i know :whistle:
i got alot of reading to do about these guys planing to try breed them in the future :)
once again much appreciated thank you

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
im having trouble identifying Germen and asian ?
if some one has any advice please feel free to share :yes:

these tend to change colour very fast from dark brown to light brown from a dark cream to a bright yellow

as i dont see mine it is hard to know if it is a good speciment ie Germen! or asian ? what i have noticed is that they change colours fast so why does it matter?

thank you guys
ps by the photos what do you guys reckon this is yes i know hard to see ill try post the others i took that day !
your guess does not need to be correct just for me to understand /identify from this one :thumbup: