ID Confirmation L134?

Midnite76

Jan 25, 2011
Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
Hi All

I bought this last year and even the LFS couldn't give me a concrete ID. From my research I thought it was a L134, but have checked another post on page 2 and this one looks very different in colour and marking patterns to those L134's.

Could someone give me their thoughts on a specific ID?

(the pic is not actual fish but mine looks exactly the same)

Thanks

Last edited:

BECKIN1507

Feb 8, 2011
Somerset
My L134 juvies look like the pic you have posted, the lines split as they get older, so the pattern will be different. My 6 adult L134's all have different patterns but the juvies all look the same (apart from the bigger 1's as thier lines are just starting to split) Someone with more experience will prob beable to explain a bit better than me.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Not actually seeing your fish, but the one you are showing I would say you have a nice L134 there. They do also come with different stripping and slight different colour of cream/white. They also tend to spread slightly when Juvie to adult. Well done and nice fish. cheers jk :thumbup:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
if you do buy more in the future, always ask for photos and get the similar colourings and markings. This for possible future breeding. cheers jk :thumbup: