ID for this big fellow please.

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
I was given him a few months ago and forgot about him, he is well over 6" long and has a massive head, the tub he is in is 6" wide.
Can anyone help with the ID please?

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
The pattern on him is nothing like any common brown I have ever had before and I have had a lot of BNs? The pattern is like the Honeycombs Jo was selling but it is too big to be one of those.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
I have one just like him, I have never had a positive ID on him, I was also told 'common' but with the honeycomb pattern and the shape mine certainly isn't. he's been retired to a 6ft heavy decorated tank so no chance of getting him out for further pics without dismantling the tank as he doesn't cave up.

I hope someone else can help

Cheers
Gem

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
BN

I have one just like him, I have never had a positive ID on him, I was also told 'common' but with the honeycomb pattern and the shape mine certainly isn't. he's been retired to a 6ft heavy decorated tank so no chance of getting him out for further pics without dismantling the tank as he doesn't cave up.

I hope someone else can help

Cheers
Gem
Thanks for that Gem, mine never caves either, he is a beauty though, I would love a female to go with him. Regards, Bill