ID on this one (L162?)

arjan.sl

Mar 22, 2013
Israel
I would like to know wich type of pleco this is. I gues after seeing pleco profiles that it is Panaqolus/Panaque maccus(L162,LDA22) But I'm not sure

I have 4 of them they are 4 or 5 cm at this time

other question, would they cross breed with ancistrus? (comon ancistrus? bristlenose) I had them seperated fro ancistrus, but smart guys managed to move together. I ask, because I found different coulors of fry (I think the fry is from ancistrus. I bought 20 little ancistrus (dark with spots last year) they where 1 cm then now they 4 to 6 cm. The fry i found is dark with spots and stripes and some are just yellow or white.
I gues the little ancistrus I bought had mixed parents (dark / albino / yellow) ??

Attachments

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
i also agree that they are L162 . They will need to grow a little more. Have fun with them and keep everything crossed so they will breed for you. good luck cheers jk :thumbup:

arjan.sl

Mar 22, 2013
Israel
This is 1 of the older fry my girlfriend found. I'm not home now, I'm at work. My girlfriend took the pictures and I don't have more or better pictures now.

The other fry (really little) she showed me on I phone. There was some really yellow and a few where white, most of them dark and like the one picture. I thought it's strange so many different colours The parents (ancistrus bristlenose) are dark with grey/white spots

Attachments

arjan.sl

Mar 22, 2013
Israel
Thanks, Yes There is wood in the other tank but they choose to move to the other side, where is not wood at the moment. I will bring more wood when I come home.
I have 3 tanks on a rack 3 times 250cm. (outside, in the garden) all this system is conected to each other by overflow and it all is filtered in a sump (part of the down tank) there is 2 pumps in the sump pumping the water around (up again)
Little fish sometimes move and can even go to other tanks or filter through overflow.
First I did not have wood (because they say it's not good for tanganyika-fish) but a little wood on this big amount of water with good filtering and continue water change does not affect the waterquality. Water here is really hard

arjan.sl

Mar 22, 2013
Israel
Here's 2 pictures of my tanks outside (during the building) Now it's all finnished and there is 3 rows of 250cm long tanks (filter is down in the right)
In the beginning the water got green because of a lot of sunlight
(I bought uv filter / not using it all the time) Sometimes I have some algue green threads (i think because of hard water)
The whole system runs only for half a year and it works great. Only need some finishing touch and to fix some little problems that showed up while running. Things always can be done better.

Attachments