Influence

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Many of us have probably had the micky taken out of us for our hobby (i know i have) But has your love of fish keeping rubbed off on anyone you know? Have you turned a non believer into a fish geek just like the rest of us or were you once someone who had no interest but gave in?

A Few people at work have recently just got into fishkeeping and although i dont think i had anything to do with them setting up i am known as the fish boy and they all come to me for advice.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
i've got one person into fish after re-doing the small tank at the wifes school, one of the other teachers took on the maintence of the tank, then took it home with her when she left.
i get loads of questions from people that know i keep fish, the trouble is i think i bore them when i start on about nitrates and filtration lol

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I used to have a tank of zebs and 333,s in work and the storeman (Les) used to watch me feed them and do water changes. One day I went down to the stores and Les was on the tintetnet looking at tanks on Ebay and told me he was now fascinated by keeping fish. From then on I never fed or did water changes on the tank Les did them:D. 6 months ago I sold the fish and tank to someone else in the company and Les was gutted so he bought himself a bow front fancy tank and is now keeping fish:woohoo::woohoo:. He is now looking into a second tank to have a stab at breeding bristlenoses:)

Cheers

thegeeman

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
My other half has bought a L046 group my sister inherited a biorb from myself keeps goldfish in it my little nephew loves the fish house runs straight in there everytime he comes around

Last edited:

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
About 2 year ago we had an excess of tanks and gave ONE to my in-laws. Now they have one wall of the garage covered in tanks and our old 6x18x20 in the living room. In that time they have gone from just having guppies, platys, convicts etc to breeding discus and bristlenose.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
I have not started anyone into the hobby, but I have helped several of my friends solve problems with their tanks and fish and I also get the panicky phone calls quite often.:)