Info needed to clarify l no. Id of peppermint bristlenose

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
I have been trying to determine the l no. Of my pepp also i would like to know the different l no. pepp’s available in Australia !
Thank you

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Hi

With over 100 fish being called Peppermint some thing I think a photo may help us?

L Numbers for Peppermint B/n,s range from L180 L183 L201 L103 L181 L182 ect

Regards Bob

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
im guessing that is why im having trouble determining it my self !

picture is out of the question for atleased 2 more months till they are moved into there own inclosure there in my comunity tank i only get to see them for a
sec before they hide (lights on) .

thank you for the reply much appreciated, i was actualy trying to find research material on the peppermint bristlenose rather than a photo id since i would not be able to provide one
my fault posted in wrong spot!

this came up since i noticed a artical more picture based 'planetcatfish' shows a picture of 2 L071?

L071 rio tapajos
L071 manaus import
both L071

i think this is what confused me

then you have the
L181 rio tafe more dorsal fins
L183 holds its white blade stripe alone dorsal and tail
L249 rio tombetas

i never even knew that there was over 100
i guess i should of taken more time writing post ! :wb:
but if you or anyone else knows of a artical/free sorce of info that is accsessable(not a book) that i could sorce information from

thank you,
foti

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
hypethetically if there were more then one L# peppermint in Aus would it be feasible for them to still breed?

Sorry for reviving old thread was just doing some more research on them :)

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Well, as the older posts said, there is speculation that the Pep in Australia is a hybrid of sorts. Thus there may not be more than one species. Further, the fact that there are more than one L# does not necessarily mean there is more than one species as L#s have nothing to do with species designation.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Last edited: