Is this an L066?

halliwell57

Dec 22, 2010
WIGAN
I was told by the previous owner (who's had him from being a baby) that it was a 'frog eyed L066' i've asked on other forums and nobody has seen anything like it before, some have said it could be a deformity?

Attachments

halliwell57

Dec 22, 2010
WIGAN
Proper big eyes.....could be one of many Hypans but i am leaning towards L66, are both eyes the same size?
Yes both eyes are the same and he's always seemed very healthy so i'm assuming it's not an illness. i bought him together with the one below, i was told they were both L066 but that one was a frog eyed variation. The previous owner seemed to know what he was talking about but i can't find any reference to 'frog eye' anywhere online.

Attachments

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
I have been told by the amazing and expert people on planet catfish that big eyes are a sign of lack of portion when very young.
I take this with the fish grow to the size of the tank story’s. But I do hate to disagree with experts

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
I guess its deformed because the nose doesnt looks right either. Looks like snub nose. But no harm no foul as long as you dont try and breed him/her because i think you would just get stuck with the fry. Hows the fish settled in mate?

halliwell57

Dec 22, 2010
WIGAN
I guess its deformed because the nose doesnt looks right either. Looks like snub nose. But no harm no foul as long as you dont try and breed him/her because i think you would just get stuck with the fry. Hows the fish settled in mate?
Thanks mate, the fish are beltin! They've claimed their patch in the tank already and the pair of BN's in my other tank seem to be getting on very well :thumbup:

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Thanks mate, the fish are beltin! They've claimed their patch in the tank already and the pair of BN's in my other tank seem to be getting on very well :thumbup:
All good mate. I have to give them plants to the next person in the fish house because they surely wouldnt have lasted as we said. Ill keep in touch over the tropheus fry :thumbup: