iv got cories

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
:woohoo:

iv wanted cories ever since iv become a member here but didn't want to just get any kind lol i wanted the best lol its been too long iv made equiries and orders and thisnthat and today i had the chance so i did a swop and i got 2 females and 1 male albino cories they look to be breeding size 5-6cms ? lol will find out soon:dk:

i know that the best goup to keep is 1female and 2 to 3 males but i guess im just happy i got some even tho there the cheapest ones

im kinda looking at them as being practice"but"

truth is i like them <3

during wc

before wc

il try get a group shot tomorrow of the three of them together
p.s if you have a male please pm me

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Their in great condition and should have no problem breeding them at that size :D I had a reverse trio a while ago (1 x m, 2 x f) the male had his work cut out with the 2 ladies but he kept up with them, lol.

Congrats on your new corys :woohoo:

Cheers
Gemma

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Their in great condition and should have no problem breeding them at that size :D I had a reverse trio a while ago (1 x m, 2 x f) the male had his work cut out with the 2 ladies but he kept up with them, lol.

Congrats on your new corys :woohoo:

Cheers
Gemma
thats great news about the reverse trio i hope he can keep up, there in with some bn fry and iv heard by most that the bn will eat the eggs so im thinking what is the smallest size tank i could put these guys in ?
im thinking about puting them in a smaller aquarium to give male more of a chance to find the eggs to fertilise them lol (am i thinking out side the box ?)

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Okay these guys have been left in the bn grow out and kept at about 27degs i know that it high for them but untill i sort out my room that wll have to do anyways yesterday both females which have been masive laid eggs everywhere and i mean everywhere no wc done
im guessing its because i turned the heaters off and the tank temp has droped down to 23 degs

okay as they were laying/breeding i collected half a tea spoon of eggs and moved them as iv read bn seek out and eat the eggs. well it has been 24hrs and the rest of the eggs are in the tank untouched?

what is your take on this there are heaps of eggs scatered around my plan is to leave the rest

90% are fertil
but only
10% of the ones i grabed are fertil aswell im thinking i took them out too fast? these are also in a high flow of water will the non fertil eggs mold and reck the fertil ones?

i read it takes 3-4 days till they hatch is that right?

what else? ?? if you know something or experinces something i should know please feel free to voice oppinon

thank you
Foti,

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
The drop in temp will have most certainly triggered the spawn. I would remove the bad eggs as they may destroy the good ones, try getting them out with a pipette.
I would also be tempted to remove the eggs in the tank into a tub or fry net, the fry are very tiny and may not have a great chance of survival loose in the tank as they may struggle to locate food or may be eaten. Albino fry are pretty much see through when they hatch too, lol.

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
i got sterbai as well now 2 males 1 female!
all about 5cm's

they have alot more life than my albinos? is this normal or is the albinos conditions not up to scratch?