Journal: FNQ Native Tank update 9/1/010

My little piece of far North Queensland, is 3 x 2 x 40cm high

1.native Moss covered rock some low growing hydrocotyle.
2. Mossey logs.
3. cyperus helferi
4. and a moss covered rock
5. fissedens glorrious.
6. Bolbis nano fern.

Lots of bog wood me and neil collected from the avon river (Ialways get the wood from beneith the water as it's been there for years and has no tannons in it) and the gravel is also from the avon which took quite a few hour to clean .

In the first picture, I've used stockings with gravel in to weigh down the wood to stop it moving. This just helps to stop the wood moving out of the desired place while I'm putting the gravel into the tank.

The sediment and silt that was washed from the gravel, I used to make a 1cm layer at the bottom of the tank, for the plant roots as it has alot of goodness in it.

Also built up on the back wall of the tank is some black pebbly gravel I had, just to get the height as I didn't have a real lot of river gravel. I then coninued by adding the river gravel to the height I was looking for.

The plants you see are what I have for now. There will be lots more native plants added, also I have put homemade fertilizer tabs underneath the gravel.

Added some ground cover the ground cover is like glosso but its slightly different to glosso thats available in the shops it might be just a regional thing but it grows in the same way as regular glosso and marsilia drummondii and its a great ground cover plant .

up date 9/1/010

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
:clap::drool:<3 Looks fantastic! hardscape and plants work very well together. My only suggestion is a background of some sort.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
The tank looks awesome:clap::clap:

Do you use co2 or not need it?

In the first picture, I've used stockings with gravel in to weigh down the wood to stop it moving. This just helps to stop the wood moving out of the desired place while I'm putting the gravel into the tank.
That is such a good idea, never thought to do that:wb: