L007 Tank mates

AshNickpl

Feb 28, 2015
Lambton
Hi everyone,

just wanting to liven up my vampire pleco tank and wondering what are suitable and cool tank mates?

what does everyone else keep with their L007?

I was considering a single flagtail but unsure.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you

AshNickpl

Feb 28, 2015
Lambton
Ok cool might try some different corydoras then I have one Royal whip tail, I'll play around a bit does anyone think a flag tail will not work? My vamps are 6-11cm and flag tail is 10cm roughly

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
vampires are pretty robust and tough but i think too many big midwater fish might turn them off and then not breed.....

shrimp stay out of their way and royals are generally always cleaning glass and picking up any leftovers on the bottom and stay away also...

never kept corys with plecs so i cant say if that'll be fine or not

AshNickpl

Feb 28, 2015
Lambton
cool thank you i may try some shrimp should i get shrimp numbers up before putting with vamps?

Ill move my whiptail over aswell

thank you for the help bigjohnnofish

AshNickpl

Feb 28, 2015
Lambton
so i ended up moving in Whiptails in with my vampires and have a heap of tetras thinking of moving in maybe some barbs aswell any problems with doing so?

I dont mind if they get eaten just worried if they are not good for vampires?

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
had a few guppies in vampire tank and they disappeared at night time one after another over a week....

vampires are carnivores and very robust so no problem eating fish that sleep on the bottom :)

with shrimp toss in a good number and give them some java fern or something to hide in so they have a chance of survival and then breed

Dave J

Oct 12, 2021
Advice needed please: Temporary housing species together

I’ve recently established a 5x2x2 with sump for L134 and L397. It has fry up to 5cm of each species. I’ve read there are generally no known issues cohabiting these (eg won’t interBreed).

Q: getting more confidence in the hobby, I’ve just ordered 5 x L007 fry due to a good buy. I want them in their own aquarium, but haven’t established that yet. I could ask the seller to hold delivery for a couple of weeks whilst I finalise another tank, but that may not suit them.

What are peoples thoughts on interim housing the L007s in established, cycled 5’ with L134 & L397. Pros/Cons? If I did this, how long is it suitable (1M, 3M, 1YR).

Appreciate peoples advice on this.

Next issue will be how easy to catch them out when I do move them to their own home. Guessing it’s easier as they get bigger. But lots of hiding spaces in there