L048

dan1801a

Aug 10, 2010
Derby
I have 2 L048's at the moment could somone tell me if they are carnivor or are they omnivor.

I have only ever seen them eat praws, mussels bloodworm etc. Its just that the one i got earlyer this wek off my dad is taking the odd alge disc !!! The one i have had for the last year only ever touches meat !

Thanks

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
they are carnivourous fish dan. i would recomend prawns, bloodworm, mussels, (with a slit in the white flesh and poke a cheeky algae disk in) :clap:
Also try the blister packs of frozen foods, such as artema, brine shrimp, bloodworm, white worm etc. And a little tip, let the foods (if frozen) defrost and purchase a terracotta dish (To go under plant pots) and put the foods in these, like 'plates' :)

dan1801a

Aug 10, 2010
Derby
I feed mine a rage of praws,musels and frozen food and he comes out to eat them no problem. My new one in quarenteen tank is in with a L134 at min and seems to take the odd alge wafer. Always thought they were carnivourous havent seen them take wafers before.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
they get classed as carnivores, but i'd still say they were omnivorous, mine love algae wafers and fresh veg, especially courgette and squash