l066 help

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
I've got the chance to pick up a L066 @10cm in the morning.
But, I've got a slight issue.

Because we have just moved house not all tanks are set up.
Of the tanks set up we have

6x2x2 - 2x L001, 1 XL common, 3 7bar fronts, 3 clown loaches

4x2x2 - 2x choc plecs, 11 jaguar cichlid fry

then
4x 3fts with varied bristlenose
2x 6fts one has a goldfish but the other is empty so they are probably not a good choice.

Which tank is going to be the best considering fish requirements until I can set up some more up over the weekend??????

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Hi, if they are new imports they may need some QT else you risk your other fish. So i would pick a smaller tank, pref a 3ft and, if you can, move some/all of Bns into another tank maybe the 4x2x2?. that way its easier to add any meds and least risk to other fish.
If they are from a friend and have been kept for some months, then anyone, prob a 3ft or 4 ft - think in terms of where it will be easier to catch them from once you want to move them to their own tank, assuming thats the plan. nice find anyway.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Ah yeah sorry, I didnt realize it was a new fish:(. I would defo put it into a smaller tank with the least amount (none if possible) of fish in it.

Cheers

thegeenius

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
ok thanks

This is a single fish not sure on sex but i'm assuming excess stock or sole survivor of a pair????? I do know the original owner (having previously bought fish of him, so I'm confident it should be in great health) but it's not in his tanks anymore and if I do want it I have to pick it up first thing in the morning or else it goes to someone else.
I'm also wondering how the stress of changing tanks a few times and being bagged up so long over a 2 day period will go with it????

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Update lol

Picked up the little fella (i reckon little fella) he is only about 7cm TL instead of the 10cm I was told but that doesn't matter.

I have placed him in a 3ft with some guppies so he should be fine with the new cave I bought for him today (guess i'll never see him again :()

Here are some pics of him

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Thanks.
I will look into finding a mate for him(?) soon. He's settled in fine, prefers under the filter or on the wall to the cave so atleast I get to watch him.