L066?

MICKSNOWDOG

Jan 30, 2011
AUSTRALIA
I went thru my supposed L066 tank this arvo, when i caught all the fish out i was rather suprised to find that half of them seem to be l134??? i'm not 100% sure tho.
i bought two lots of 6 from two different sources.
here's some pics, they're a lil blurry sorry but i really would like some feedback pls peoples.
thanks
THESE ARE THE ONE'S that i think are 134's

Attachments

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Scribble,s yum lots of disputes on ID just wait for it
you will have L066 to L410 depending on who wants what LOL

MICKSNOWDOG

Jan 30, 2011
AUSTRALIA
ok, 6 of these clearly look a lot different to the other 6, i already have 5 l134's and they look a lot more like them. i'll give it 12 months and have another crack at id

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
The younger ones don't actually start getting any sort of scribbling until they start 4cm. Some have it more than others. I don't think they are L134 black and yellow comptas but you quite possibly might have gotten a couple of L270 or even L333 in the batch.

Try asking the breeders you sourced them from as they may have accidently popped a couple of the wrong sort in. I know I have L397, L333 and L278 juvies in the same gorw out tank but I am very careful to make sure I have a good look before I post them off to their new homes.

MICKSNOWDOG

Jan 30, 2011
AUSTRALIA
i have l270's here as well. they dont look like them.
i have some slightly larger 134's here they look just like them i reckon. they will need more time to grow up before they are ready to breed anyways so i'll post up a pic in 12 months. thanks anyways everyone

Jacqueline

Jan 19, 2011
Holland
Agreed.

I breed L66. The fry have so many different striping patterns that I could sell them for anything I want. But they are all the same species, from the same egg batch.
It's amazing how we try and put all kinds of names to fish that are so young (or even adult fish). Fool ourselves and others just to get more money out of it. It's a pity we can't just trust the breeders word for it anymore....

tadj

Apr 23, 2009
Australia,nsw
only one looks l066 to me or maybe its just stress other then that who nows wait till they mature cheers

Last edited:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Agreed.

I breed L66. The fry have so many different striping patterns that I could sell them for anything I want. But they are all the same species, from the same egg batch.
It's amazing how we try and put all kinds of names to fish that are so young (or even adult fish). Fool ourselves and others just to get more money out of it. It's a pity we can't just trust the breeders word for it anymore....
I agree we have a night mare made worse by people insisting on believing L numbers are an ID. They are a label for sales. no more no less.
The best is a stab in the dark. We only have 5 Hypans with a scientific description and it is very doubtful we will get any more described in the near future, once the Bela Monte dam is built then the "Scribbles " will be as good as finished.