L129 video

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
have they spawned before? my L066 males sometime do this if one of the males wants to spawn in the other males cave

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
have they spawned before? my L066 males sometime do this if one of the males wants to spawn in the other males cave
They have never spawned, I was told they were 5 years old when I bought them at the end of last year off a PF member in Withernsea, he said they had been owned by another member before him and never spawned for him either.

Cheers
Gemma.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
are you sure they are both male? I dont keep L129 so dont know , but this is what some of my plec females do when they want to get in to lay.
See who is in cave tomorrow! good luck.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
are you sure they are both male? I dont keep L129 so dont know , but this is what some of my plec females do when they want to get in to lay.
See who is in cave tomorrow! good luck.
Thanks Irene, maybe they will spawn one day, hopefully befofe they need zimmer frames:lol:

I'm sure they are both males, they are very mature with thick hairy pectorals and it's very easy to tell them apart from the fat females, there are 3 females and one thats too small to sex in there with them.

Cheers
Gemma.

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
They are fighting.
I had four mature L260 in a large tank with lots of caves, three males and one female.
There never seemed to be a top dog, but one of them liked to try to take a cave off the other males, i think it was trying to become top dog, but they were all simular sized, which meant the fighting could go for a while.

They began like Gemma's 129s, but it often ended up spilling away from the cave into the open tank, and they puff off out the spikes on the side of their heads are really swipe at each other with them, a couple of times i even saw biting.

You should be alright if they break off after a bit.