L129

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I bought a colony of L129 but there is a size difference between the pleco planet profile and the size of my fish so just thought I would check and make sure I have L129.

Plecoplanet has them at 7-8cm. The back to nature guide to L-catfish profile has them at 10-11cm. My biggest fish is 10.5cm so now plecoplanet has me a little confused.

I took a lot of photos so here is my photobucket link. I hope if works for everyone.
[ame="http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd85/Brengun_photos/L129%20Hypancistrus%20debilittera/?start=all"]L129 Hypancistrus debilittera pictures by Brengun_photos - Photobucket[/ame]
Clik on the heading and it should load.
In case it doesnt work here are a couple of the better shots.

Various ages fry.

The 10.5cm male. Photos don't do him justice, he is magnificent.

Last edited:

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
One thing right off, PC sizes are listed as Standard Length & not Total Length. Standard Length is measured from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail & does not include the length of the tail.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Back to nature guide is TL, yes. I looked it up in the explanation section.
I did not mention planet catfish but I thought pleco planet was using TL in their profiles?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
They came flying out from undercover for a feed last night. Looks like they love their new home. Even the tiny little 2.5cm baby that came with them is doing great in the fry saver. I just love em! :)

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
We were using SL but might go through and try and add both as I think the newer profiles may be TL( or at least add SL or TL to each profile)