L134 Group Photo, Sexing

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Hi everyone here are my L134 Leopard Frog Plecos would anyone like to try and sex them for me? Think there are 3 males and 4 females in the group

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I would agree with you but I have limited L134 sexing skills lol, im going by the body shapes.

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Yeah im not the greatest at sexing plecos at all, i took the photo on saturday ive swaped a male for another female so now i have 2 males and 5 females, going to try the dry season/wet season aproach to breeding them now so fingers crossed.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
good luck, have you got a large tank for them?
I am hopeless at sexing them, I have a group myself and can only sex the males when very hairy. with these fish bodyshape is not easy cos sometimes the males get quite chunky and females can get some hair!

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
There in a 37x18x18 205ltr tank just the group of 7 and 11 sterbai corydoras, had them a cpl of months now and just swaped out a male for a female as a couple had 4 females and wanted a male so hopefully things will hapen, the hard thing for me will be not doing water changes for a month i just always want to do a bucket or so! But i will leave it for 3-4 weeks with low current and small amounts of food every couple of days then do some 30% RO Water changes and meaty foods mid july and hope for the best! Think thats the plan anyway going off some previous forum posts

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Ah right, i do have a few pices of bogwood in the tank so i know that will change the ph over time, if it does drop what would be the best thing to do? water change or chemicals to balance it out? Not that ive ever used chemicals to alter ph but i know there out there on the market, ive never botherd with them before as they change the ph to rapidly for my likeing