L134 male/female ratio...

Bwhiskered

Feb 3, 2010
Canada
From the head shapes I would say 2 males and 3 females. A sharper picture would no doubt show that the 2 males show the *****ly growth on the back tail section of the body. that is usually a sure sign with mature fish.

jochum

Feb 7, 2010
Netherlands
Hi,

Thanks for looking! I'm guite sure that i have 2 males, they have very hairy tales. The thicker one should be a female (hoping that it is), the other fish maybe a bit to young to sex... Thats why i thought lets try to i.d. them by experts like yourselfs:D

Hopefully these pictures are better....
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm217/franknorda/L 134/?action=view&current=DSC01670.jpg&newest=1
The left one should be a female in my opinion and the 2 on the right males showing very hairy tales. What do you think??..:dk:
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm217/franknorda/L 134/?action=view&current=DSC01672.jpg&newest=1

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Frank

L134PLECO

Jun 19, 2009
Romford Essex
Hi there you def have 2 males & 1 females (first pictures 3rd along), Top and Bottom are males, Middle def Female and left and Right not sure as they are to slim to tell. Good Luck with breeding them.

Last edited:

jochum

Feb 7, 2010
Netherlands
Thanks, I already thought so! I'll feed the others up, they have some groing to do:yes: (hoping to have at least one other female)

What are your experiences in breeding this type of pleco? Are there any other tricks (then the usual) to get them to spawn?

Cheers,

Frank

jochum

Feb 7, 2010
Netherlands
For now they are relatively peacefull....I've read that they are a territorial species, I'll keep a close eye on agression! Thanks!

If there's a third male, i'll ty to switch it at the lfs. Only problem is that they are hard to sex, when young...IMO! And most of the times there are only juveniles available, lets hope for the best:D

Cheers,

Frank