L134 sexing please

sky

Jun 20, 2011
Adelaide
hi can everyone have a go at sexing these L134? they might be a bit small only 6.5cm t0 7cm

cheers Sky:hi:

Last edited:

sky

Jun 20, 2011
Adelaide
hi brenda and bigbird can i just ask what you were looking at when you decided their sex? because i'm looking so hard but i dont seem to see anything different about them, except that the top one is a lighter colour than the middle and bottom one. the guy i got them from said they are from 2 bloodline, the lighter one from one bloodline and the 2 darker ones from another.i like the darker ones they look so nice in the water, their bands are so define. i dont know how old they are but was told he got them when they were 3cm juvies in March 2011. i.m guessing just under 1yr old. do they breed when they reach a certain size in cm? or only breed when they are a certain age?
Thanks Sky

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Hey they could be all females. We're just guessing really based on their looks.
No one has clearly identifiable hairy tails or spikey hairs on their pec fins.
The first one does look to have quite a strong wide head and an overall masculine shape to him. Nothing really definable.
The others look feminine with narrower noses and plumper bodies where eggs would be stored.

When do they breed? When they are good and ready. I have adults years old who annoy the heck out of me by not breeding where as others with fish 2yrs old already have them breeding.

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
Can you get a pic of them in water? I prefer that as you can see if there are any hairs on the body a lot better than out of water :yes:

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
yes I find body hair is a big clue and cant see on these cos out of water.
I am not v good at sexing but if i had to i would guess -from top down m m f, I go by head and body shape.