L134 Sexing

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Frogs are soooooo difficult to sex but looking at the top picture I would say the one in the middle is female and maybe the one to the right.

Cheers

thegeeman

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Pic 1 : F M F. They're looking good Andrew !
Really:dk:

I would have nailed the middle one as female, It looks identical time my one. The one on the right has lots of hair on the tail aswell. I know this is not the way to sex the but hmmmmmm:D

Just out of interest what are you looking for when sexing them Elaine?

Cheers

thegeeman

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Hi geeman,

If those are my guys, they are established breeders and have spawned and raised fry many times. I know what you mean about being so very difficult to sex though LOL !

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Thanks for the replies.
Elaine, the fish are my trio that i bought off Andrew Coxon, i am selling on these ones since i got your group, which are settling in nicely :thumbup:

Andrew said they were a trio, and i took his word on it, but now i am selling them, i am checking their sex.
Going by how they act in the tank, it looks like one male, who uses a cave most of the time, whilst the other two like hiding under wood, and i never see them using a cave.
Not scientific, just what i've noticed of them.

The pictures didn't turn out as well as i hoped, i'll leave it a few days and get some more pictures.

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Looking at the pictures on my pc with Windows Photo Gallery, i can zoom in on them doing this, as i never resized them.

In the top picture, the left and middle fish look female, while the one on the right looks male.
The one on the right is showing hairs on it's body from it's anal fins down to it's tail.
So the second picture shows the two females, whilst the third picture shows the male.

dog

Oct 9, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
sexing

Looking at the pictures on my pc with Windows Photo Gallery, i can zoom in on them doing this, as i never resized them.

In the top picture, the left and middle fish look female, while the one on the right looks male.
The one on the right is showing hairs on it's body from it's anal fins down to it's tail.
So the second picture shows the two females, whilst the third picture shows the male.
:clap::clap:

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
just becasue they are plump and well fed, does not make them female - males can get really fat. I go by lots of hair is male, and maybe head shape , overall profile etc.
they are very difficult to sex, some people try by genitalia