L135 journal

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
I thought it would be a good idea to start a journal of my most recent purchase.

A few days ago I managed to get 6 adult L135's to add to my collection, these are not something that I have always wanted but the opportunity came to acquire an adult colony which were ready to start a breeding project with straight away, so I did not hesitate.

TANK
They will be housed in a 2.3m long 40cm wide and 50cm high tank.

FILTER
There will be 3 large hang on filters plus an eheim canister, this should make it quite easy to manage a wet and dry season.

All fish are housed in a temporary 4ft at the moment but once I set up their new homes I will update this thread with more photos and keep everyone updated with their progress. I don't know how long it will take before I breed these guys but hopefully I will be able to post some photos of some little Worm Line Peckoltia soon.

Here are the big guys.

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
Short update.

The tank has been set up and all fish seem to be happy in their new tanks. There will be no major changes to this setup for now as I would like to give them about 2 months to establish themselves. I have also added another two fish to this colony, so eight fish all up now. Cheers:hi:

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
Do you guys think there is too many males in this breeding group? there is what I believe to be 5 males and 3 females.

The tank is 2.3m long, so even though the male ratio is higher I believe they all should be quite comfortable.

I was thinking of taking a few males out but won't have anywhere to house them.

Thanks.:thumbup:

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Amazing set up:clap:

As for the male/female ratio I would just leave them for a while and observe how the interact. If you are getting lots of fight then remove a few males but the tank looks big enough to keep them all happy

Good stuff

thegeeman

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
What do you feed them?
Here's my list which I feed to all my catties.

-Frozen Bloodworm/Brine shrimp
-Hikari Algae Wafers
-Hikari Carnivore Pellets
-Spectrum Grow
-Sera Viformo

Every now and then I would pick up some random food from the LFS and just add it to their diet to give them more variety.

Great Plecos and a Great Set Up Tank Looks Really Good :) Hope It Pays Off And You Get Them To Spawn
Hope so as well, they seem like a tough fish to breed.

Amazing set up:clap:
As for the male/female ratio I would just leave them for a while and observe how the interact. If you are getting lots of fight then remove a few males but the tank looks big enough to keep them all happy
Good stuff
thegeeman
They are definitely fighting, but I don't think it's anything serious. But yeah I will just let them be like you said.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
Anyone have any experience with these fish, they should be quite easy to breed like most Peckoltia's but mine don't seem that interested.

Last edited:

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
Just out of interest, I quite like those log caves, they are artificial? if you so, do you have a link to purchase?

Thx
They are made locally, so I am not too sure if they are willing to send them your way. The guy I get them of is Shane aka sloany.

Cheers.