L174s

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
I got 4 of what I believe are L174s today :woohoo:

Only got a couple of quick pics as they are still settling in but is it possible to confirm they are L174s from these?

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
what size are they and where did you get them from? They are beauties!
All four are just over 5cm and are over 2½ years old. Someone on Aquarist Classified contacted me about my L134 juvies that I was selling. We did a swap his 4 L174 for my 5 L134 juvies :woohoo: He believes that the four are all females :thumbup:

Will get some more pics when they are more settled to try and determine if they are all female :yes:

Bwhiskered

Feb 3, 2010
Canada
They are L-174's and you got a great deal as they run in the same price range as Zebras. The only way to be sure of the sex is the males develope spiney body hairs. My 2 males are just as fat as the female. Presently I have 20 fry from 2 spawnings.

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
They are L-174's and you got a great deal as they run in the same price range as Zebras. The only way to be sure of the sex is the males develope spiney body hairs. My 2 males are just as fat as the female. Presently I have 20 fry from 2 spawnings.
Thanks for the tip, I'll remember that when they've settled in and I get them out to photograph and inspect closer :yes:

Congrats on your spawnings and fry :thumbup: