L200

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Just bought these as L200, not usually my thing but couldn't resist them<3

I think they may be 1 male 1 female. I'm a bit confused with the species, there was 2 different colours in the tank, the typical bright green ones and these which are more of an olive with orange/yellow trim.

Can anyone tell if these are Barys or Hemis?

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
They have settled in well, so far so good. They are nice and active and already feeding so I'll try and get some more pics in the tank tomorrow.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
As said a side view esp with the fin up might help, not for just fin shape but to see the adipose fin

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
As above look if the adipose fin is connected to the base of the dorsal fin with a bit of skin (Fin) or if it stands alone this is the difference, they are truley lovely looking fish, have seen a lot with the bright ray trim of late the last whole box we had was pretty much marked like that something a little different which is always good :D

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
agree, stunners indeed, great markings and spots. wonderful. Like others stated need a side shot but look at the dorsal fin and if the back skin is connected or not. cheers jk :thumbup:

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Not had chance to try for pics yet, have spent all morning catching 120 fish (mostly bn's) to help pay for these as well as the L201's I picked up at the same time.

I was watching them last night and I can't see that the dorsal and adipose are fused so think I have hemi's.

I hope I do have a pair, the difference in the shop appeared obvious but can't tell much with these pics.