L201 sex post four

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
This one is a snub nose and I am hoping you tell me its a male so I can give it away to someone as a pet not to be bred from. If its female it will have to live out its life in my juvie tank as it should not be bred.

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Female, agree dont breed it, deformity dose usually pass on, Bigjohnfish will agree
def have a better than even odds bet it will..... even if its not a dominant gene the fry couldl carry the snub nose gene....

but then again if someone is born with one arm do they breed children with one arm??? put that way it makes you think about it...

its really gonna depend if the gene has been altered or not....

mutations in genes is what makes the animal world evolve...

tricky subject... hey bren how about breeding it and finding out for us!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I put it out of the juvie tank into the new L201 tank and looking at its privates at a better angle to those in the pics, I still think its a male. I think after spending 2 years growing them up I have 8 males. I could be wrong but gee its disappointing. :(

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
gee 8 males you'd be the unluckiest person i know.... except for the guy that bought 15 l/f commons couple years ago and got 1 female in 15... and it died first time it tried to breed :cry: