L204

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
Anyone want to have a go at sexing them.
Fish 1

Fish 2 (fish on the right)

Fish 3

Altogether.

Cheers.

Last edited:

weisel

May 5, 2009
st albans
how big are they ?. to me they look like, 1, female. 2 and 3, male. they still look abit thin at mo. a female gets very hairy and a big round tummy. im just going by what i noticed with mine. prob wrong but worth a go, lol.

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
how big are they ?. to me they look like, 1, female. 2 and 3, male. they still look abit thin at mo. a female gets very hairy and a big round tummy. im just going by what i noticed with mine. prob wrong but worth a go, lol.
Thanks weisel, very interesting point you make about the females being hairy, first I've heard about this. Its true that they need to fatten up a bit to have a more accurate guess but it's because they are in a tank full of L066's and don't compete with them very well for food, they should be getting their own tank very soon though.

This is what I think.
1 male
2 female
3 not sure

I'm basing my guesses on hairiness and odontode growth, this is just a guess as well.

Forgot to add that they are roughly 8-9cm.

Last edited:

weisel

May 5, 2009
st albans
ok there still quite small. mine were between 5 and 7 inch, full grown. i had 6, 4 females and 2 males. i will try and find pics of them so u can see how hairy a female gets. the big dif i found was the shape of the tummy on a female, they get really large out to the sides were as a male stays quite thin. u can see the difference mainly from above. hope this helps.
peace

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
ok there still quite small. mine were between 5 and 7 inch, full grown. i had 6, 4 females and 2 males. i will try and find pics of them so u can see how hairy a female gets. the big dif i found was the shape of the tummy on a female, they get really large out to the sides were as a male stays quite thin. u can see the difference mainly from above. hope this helps.
peace
Are these guys breeding for you?