L262 spawn

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
8 months ago my group of L262 spawned just a few weeks after i got the group, i didnt have any success raising any fry from them and since then i havnt had any trappings etc ... the males just havnt seemed interested :wb:

Anyway a few days ago i noticed 1 of the colony was missing from its usual place and after hunting for it i found it trapped in side one of the males caves :yes: and this morning she was back in her usual spot under the slate

The male is now looking after a nice clutch of eggs :clap:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

as you can probably tell im slightly excited as have done everything to try and get them to spawn with no luck lately but it has finally paid off :D

Cheers
STRAP

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
the male was out of his cave today, no sign of the eggs so im guessing he must have ate them :~(

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
well done kev, look forward to seeing a thread about the successful fry now
:( wont be any fry this time round after the eggs vanished, just hope it doesnt take another 8 months for them to spawn again :wb:

I

intrepidmax

What ya mean they are gone.......I sent some SAS mates round yours to climb through your window while ya was sleeping and nick yer eggs......

mate im really gutted for you. I would be going mental.....maybe even feeding them to the cat (if I had one) (joke no offence intended)

I was really looking forward to buying some from you.....I think I'm as gutted as you are mate.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
What ya mean they are gone.......I sent some SAS mates round yours to climb through your window while ya was sleeping and nick yer eggs......

mate im really gutted for you. I would be going mental.....maybe even feeding them to the cat (if I had one) (joke no offence intended)

I was really looking forward to buying some from you.....I think I'm as gutted as you are mate.
i am gutted but cant do a lot about it, they will spawn again my other 2 females are bursting with eggs so hopefully wont be long

ill have some eventually, its my mission now to succesfully spawn them and raise fry :yes:

I

intrepidmax

Just been having a think......Not sure on if its possible or not....but...could you not remove half of the eggs from the father and leave the other half with him....for him to get used to having them and still have half in the egg tumbler? only problems I can see with this is.......how adhesive the eggs might be.......and if the father would abandon the eggs completely.....In any case you would have to leave eggs of some sorts with the father so he gets used to having them there and not munching on them...

just a passing thought and not sure how well this would work....what do you think??

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
Just been having a think......Not sure on if its possible or not....but...could you not remove half of the eggs from the father and leave the other half with him....for him to get used to having them and still have half in the egg tumbler? only problems I can see with this is.......how adhesive the eggs might be.......and if the father would abandon the eggs completely.....In any case you would have to leave eggs of some sorts with the father so he gets used to having them there and not munching on them...

just a passing thought and not sure how well this would work....what do you think??
slim to no hope of splitting the eggs and if you could getting half of them back in with dad and him actually guarding them is very unlikely.

even with tumblers in my experiance they dont tend to last long, they still fungus within a few days in a tumbler so id rather leave them with dad. he will get the hang of it one day