L333 and L066 again :(

immo530

Mar 27, 2014
Cooma
Hey guys,
The other week I posted about my two breeding pairs I purchased and got them id'd. I was watching my "L066's" in the tank today and both of them are showing male behaviour, so now I need to try and rethink my pairs.

I'm looking for a sex and L number on these guys, I have taken the best pics I can at the moment.
The two in the tank with the colourful gravel are the suspected males, as they have long hairs on fins and were acting territorial today.
The two in the bucket together are the suspected females.
This is 1 and 2 top view
Number_1_and_2_top.jpg
This is 3 top view
Number_3_top.jpg
This is number 4 top
Number_4_Top.jpg

And now for side views!
Number one side
Number_1_tail.jpg
This is number two side (more like just tail)
Number_2_tail.jpg
Number 3 side
Number_3_tail.jpg
Number 4 tail fin
Number_4_tail.jpg

Originally it was thought that 1 and 2 were L066 and 3 and 4 are L333,
But not sure not that the two seem to be males. Help will be appreciated!

Thanks
Imi

fishheadz

Apr 25, 2009
Yorkshire. UK
All L333 going by tail & body shape. Not defo on sex from pics but i keep L333s and have found the females will very rarely go in the caves unless breeding and the males will always cave. So if enough caves are provided the males will generally head straight for one and the females will hide elsewhere.

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
maybe you have more than 2 males :)

best way to compare them is to take em out of the tank and hold them up and get ya mate to take photos of them - nice clear pics - side view showing full body with fins extended then take a photo from underneath the fish - all in good focus...

secondly dont mix up the pics and post up in order 1st fish 2nd fish 3rd fish 4th fish and the mystery will be solved... :)