L377 pair help sexing please!

Unungy

May 29, 2009
ca
www.unungy.com
I don't mean to disappoint you but both look like male to me.
There is always room for mistakes... give them a few weeks and feed them the best you can, then post pictures again.

Saul

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
im no expert as i havent had any interest in these fish and such never bothered to study them....
but on first instinct i thought the same 2 of the same sex.... then after a close look spotted some hairs on pec fins and along with body shape i came to the same conclusion - 2 males....

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
i will say 1M and 55/45 F, the small one, from the photos find that the nose is slightly different and find the finnage slightly different. maybe wait a few more months and repost photos. Could not find any hairs on the smaller one from your photos. cheers jk :thumbup:

Just Pansy

Apr 24, 2011
Bonnyrigg
Yeah I bought them from Lfs and they said definitely male female so I talked to them today and they said they will call lcrazy to confirm. So waiting for their call now! They Guaranteed it was a pair so we will have to wait and see

Just Pansy

Apr 24, 2011
Bonnyrigg
Lol so in other words you are saying they are both males!? What size should they be before you are able to sex them?? Cause they said you sold it to them as a pair!

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
did i not say cant be sexed at that size, where did i say 2 males, u have an issue call the shop or call me 0422987049 i will b happy 2 share with u what i know about these fish.

Just Pansy

Apr 24, 2011
Bonnyrigg
What's with the aggression mate? If you have read, I do have an issue and yes I have contacted the shop! And what they told me is that you have sold the l377 to them as a pair. And if that's not the case then they shouldnt be advertise as pair if it is not! And obviuosly you are no help at all considering what you have posted! Why do I have to call you asking for help? Why not just post it here?

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hello Both of you,

Just some thoughts for you.

Just Pansy, you have an issue thats understandable, your dispute should in my view be with your LFS, as you did not buy these Ls over this sell forum. Your LFS should then take this up with lcrazy. If you would have bought these over this forum offer, then we have a seperate forum area for disputes. I do not know under what circumstances these were sold and how many to the LFS, but that issue is between your LFS and seller. You must deal with your LFS. You asked this forum for a possible ID. Now you have taken this up with you LFS. I do not think this thread should be used as who is now correct and challange people to this.
Your LFS must now clear this up for you. cheers jk

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
PANSY, I have never done wrong by anyone when dealing with fish, Reason I said to call me, is I dont have time to type 10 pages worth of info on these fish, but am more than willing to chat on the phone.
As far as im aware you have also been in contact with the LFS, and your issues have been sorted, your keeping the fish i hear.

Just Pansy

Apr 24, 2011
Bonnyrigg
hey guys, yes it has been sorted i went back n swap my smaller one for 2 tiny ones =/ thats all they would give me so not really happy with the lsf. also like to say sorry to lcrazy didnt mean to sound rude! but whats happen has happen jst gotta to deal with it!! thnaks for everyones help btw, much apprieated