large 25's and co

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
a bit crowded at mo, waiting for new 8 footer! any ideas on filtration for something so big?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trXfMhGgtTI&feature=player_detailpage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trXfMhGgtTI&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

simonas

Jan 18, 2011
Wirral
wow wow wow!!!!!

I haven;t seen a tank as good as that

My favourite fish the L25 and the big one is a stunner!!!

congrats

Simon

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
wonderful, <3 will be stunning in an 8ft! i bet at the moment the filter needs a lot of cleaning! guess you will need a couple of large externals and maybe a sump for the 8ft.!
so jealous :drool::drool::drool:

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Stunning fish mate....the previous owner of that L97 has taste and class (the original owner)Fluval FX5 or a tetratec EX2400. or a few smaller ones

Last edited:

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
thanks for all the filtration advice guys, gonna do some more research. gee im sure mat had an identical one he was trying to shift a while back? so keep ur eyes off of mine! lol!
lol@ffmk2! true class mate true class!
what type of filtration would be 1. low maintenance, 2. easy and 3. energy efficient?

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
Yup, I have mine for sale, but I think it's a bit small for Gee if he wants to follow on from his Pseuda breeding success.

As for filtration, I would try a large sump (although I've yet to use one). Because of their versatility, capacity and efficiency (compared to several large externals). But I'm not the person to ask for sumps.

As for externals. Tetratec ex2400 is a beast but is too noisy and power hungry (60 watts). I'm not a fan of my FX5, too much mechanical vs bio media, and clogs too fast, ok power consumption (48 watts). Eheim 2080/2180 would be my choice, expensive but brilliant, very minor faults, low power consumption 25-30 watts). Give me a PM if you want my full opinion on these 3.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Yup, I have mine for sale, but I think it's a bit small for Gee if he wants to follow on from his Pseuda breeding success.

As for filtration, I would try a large sump (although I've yet to use one). Because of their versatility, capacity and efficiency (compared to several large externals). But I'm not the person to ask for sumps.

As for externals. Tetratec ex2400 is a beast but is too noisy and power hungry (60 watts). I'm not a fan of my FX5, too much mechanical vs bio media, and clogs too fast, ok power consumption (48 watts). Eheim 2080/2180 would be my choice, expensive but brilliant, very minor faults, low power consumption 25-30 watts). Give me a PM if you want my full opinion on these 3.

How about writing an article....:whistle: