LDA31 pair? mustard spots

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I had three of these one of which was a very hairy male but he was forever fighting and racing around the tank, although he did cave.
He died the other day and I think he'd been naughty and eaten the more meatier corydoras food instead of his own.

Now I am left with two which I thought were two girls but looking at the noses in the photos, they look quite different.
Neither one seems to cave and the slimmer one doesn't really have the hairy butt the old male had. Perhaps if its a he, he need more time to get over the tryanny of the old dead male?

Whaddya think? Do I have a pair?

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
i've never owned this fish so im not an expert but i'd say you have a pair just going on head shape alone.... body is differently shaped also under close scrutiny....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Yeah I think I'll keep em Johnno, see if the smaller one matures into a nicely mannered stud male. :)
Oh and I rearranged the wood and added a different cave in case he doesn't like that old males one.

Marsbar

Apr 26, 2009
Lincoln
Hi Brengun
I am not well up on Panaque albomaculatus but going on the face shapes like you say, it look's like they are a possible pair. I have only seen small specimens in the UK but I think their are some larger ones appearing in the shops over hear.
Good luck breeding them:thumbup:

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
head shapes certainly look different which would suggest a pair, but i have 3 males, all of them are really hairy already, i would have thought yours should be showing some by now