st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
a few times this morning i have tried to log in, i get the window saying i have logged in ok and i am show as online on the bottom of the front page but the only way to access the forum and post/reply is to access the forum through the new navigation part on the front page. if i click on any of the recent topics on the front page and try to reply it asks me to log in again and wont let me :dk:

seems a lot less straight forward than it was before:huh:

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Dont worry Kev. I think Doodles has popped out to the shops or something and Scatz is sat in the control centre playing. Doodles will be back soon and normal service will be resumed

thegeeman

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
Dont worry Kev. I think Doodles has popped out to the shops or something and Scatz is sat in the control centre playing. Doodles will be back soon and normal service will be resumed

thegeeman
:goodpost: lol

may just be cause of my work pc :dk:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
:goodpost: lol

may just be cause of my work pc :dk:
Its more than likely a setting on here that isn't correct. Bear with me though, ill look into later this afternoon.

btw are you using IE?

I don't have any probs at all but im using firefox.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
im using IE, still having probs and on a different pc at home now. took me 5 log in attempts to actually log in then despite getting the window each time telling me log in was succesfull

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
im using IE, still having probs and on a different pc at home now. took me 5 log in attempts to actually log in then despite getting the window each time telling me log in was succesfull

If you log in on the new page it goes through the motions of logging in and then returns to the new page as if you havent. If you click the forum tab top left it then takes you to the old page and you are logged in.

thegeeman

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
As soon as doodles is back she will fix the problem. The best i can do at the moment is recommend you save your log in details by setting your computer to remember them, this will stop the problems until doodles can fix it.
HTH

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
If you log in on the new page it goes through the motions of logging in and then returns to the new page as if you havent. If you click the forum tab top left it then takes you to the old page and you are logged in.

thegeeman
yep that works...... sometimes lol :wb:

As soon as doodles is back she will fix the problem. The best i can do at the moment is recommend you save your log in details by setting your computer to remember them, this will stop the problems until doodles can fix it.
HTH
sure its prob my comps being silly if no one else is having the prob :dk:

it seems that logging in from the front page works as long as i use the log in section in the middle, if i use the one in the top right hand corner it doesnt log me in properly

Last edited:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Just out of interest-has anyone tried clearing their cookies and/or cache in browser and then tried the log in process?

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
just done all that Lisa and even changed laptops. I couldnt post or check my private stuff earlier even though it showed me as logged in. If i go back to the new front page I am not logged and and cant check pm,s etc etc but if i click the forum link top left then I am logged in again.

Cheers

thegeeman

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
ah yeah i see. signing in is fine on the front page but as soon as a link to forum is clicked its effectively logging you out of the frontpage but not the forums? so everytime you go back to front page you have to log into that bit to use it even though you are logged in on the forum.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
ah yeah i see. signing in is fine on the front page but as soon as a link to forum is clicked its effectively logging you out of the frontpage but not the forums? so everytime you go back to front page you have to log into that bit to use it even though you are logged in on the forum.
Even though I log in on the new front page it just looks like I havent and the box is still there to log in. click on the forum link and hey presto lol

cheers

thegeeman

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Even though I log in on the new front page it just looks like I havent and the box is still there to log in. click on the forum link and hey presto lol

cheers

thegeeman
it's the same here..... it logs you on back to the front page with the login box empty, password box empty....

but it only happened to me when I clicked on remember password before logging in.