Longfin BN spawn?

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
I've just spotted some fry in one of my tanks, I had no idea that any were spawning. I'm thinking they may be longfin bn's as they look like classic bn fry but would most of the fry have long fins? My worst fear would be that the "daddy" is my big fat bn that I can't ID but I haven't seen any fry hanging around any of the males caves to identify who daddy is.
Also I do tend to leave my fry in the tanks but this is a community tank with large sword tails, is it a good idea to move one or the other?

Cheers
Gemma.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
my albino longfin spawn look just the same to start,takes about a month before they started showing the longfins..:)
:yes: agreed. Takes around a month before you can tell. Our longfin common pairs throw longfin and shortfin commons (as well as the odd albino). We have to wait about 6 weeks to tell for certain what the fry are going to be.
Good luck I hope they are longfins for you.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
:yes: agreed. Takes around a month before you can tell. Our longfin common pairs throw longfin and shortfin commons (as well as the odd albino). We have to wait about 6 weeks to tell for certain what the fry are going to be.
Good luck I hope they are longfins for you.

Cheers
Gemma