Making room

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
There are no problems, just opportunities for fun solutions :D
Been thinking about squeezing another tank in so i can move some fish around to iron out a couple of compatibility issues and make room for some new ones.
Not an easy task with the room i have to work with, the tank i'm looking at would fit perfectly where the 96 is but then where to put the 96.
Another hurdle is the space taken up by my Computer desk, do i live without a computer (and access to the forum) or live without a tank :huh:
No contest really so i'm afraid the Pc has to go and this is goodbye from me

:lol:

No there has to be another solution... and there is :thumbup:
One afternoon in the workshop sawing/drilling/screwing wood and a small shuffle about later and here it is, a computer desk with built in fish tank :woohoo:

and a pic of one of the BNs in there

thanx for looking

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Very good:clap::clap:

Until that day you swing your legs under the table lol

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Thank you, the background needs putting on properly but i'm not that bothered about it, the piece of wood in the middle is just there to cultivate some algae on but the fish seem to enjoy it anyway.
Heres a better pic

Cheers

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
on top of the chest of drawers where the 96 was previously :thumbup:
i planned far ahead and made the dimensions of the desktop exactly right for the new tank as well so in the future when i move somewhere with more room i can use the desk as a twin stand :clap:

young1nj

May 28, 2009
Michigan
This may be crazy..but..
what if one could make a bed frame that has fish tanks on the exposed ends, that some how slid out when needed to perform maintenance.
hahaha

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Your next buy could be a Wireless Keyboard,no more cramped legs...

B-)

Edit:Nate,that's not a crazy idea.In fact,it was shown in a James Bond movie made in the 70s.In the movie "Diamonds Are Forever",Jill St.John is waiting for Bond in a bed made of Glass or acrillic that was teamed with ocean fish.It's in the middle of the movie while in Vegas.1 of my favorite Bond movies of all time,the 2 car chase scenes are Hall Of Fame!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Your next buy could be a Wireless Keyboard,no more cramped legs...
Not a problem the lead can reach to sit the board on my lap anyway, its just sat there to keep it out of the way :thumbup: when i'm sat in normal pose my knees are at least 4-5" away from the tank so no worries of hitting it with feet, it is kinda funky to look down occasionally and see a Cory or Danio swim past