Members Location Map

Zebra Pleco

Retired Staff
Nov 18, 2010
Gardenstown, NE Scotland
www.zebra-plec.com
Hi admins, just a thought, unsure if it can be done or not. But would it be possible to have a members map, basically, a member has the option to log their postcode or address. Then on a page somewhere, you can then view where all members who have enabled this option lives in general. Not speaking exact house number and address, but more of a guide.

The only reason I ask, is that I have found 2 members on here, who until recently I have never met, very keen plec breeders and owners and they only live like 10 miles away.

So maybe a useful thing to have to help others find out where there nearest breeder is etc.

Its just a thought.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
We did used to have a world map of members but something went wrong with it. I'm pretty sure google maps can be used in this way, will have to have a look:yes:

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
Great idea posting your details of who keep expencive fish. just install a good alarm and get a dog and then worry about going away!.

something i wouldnt sign upto. ;-)
I have a big hairy akita that guards my fish but I see where you are coming from :fr:

toddy123

Nov 4, 2010
kent
couldn't agree more when i sell my l144's i only post because i don't want everyone knowing whats in my tanks because if you got high prized fish that are rare to get hold of people will go to extreme conditions to get them theres people out there getting killed for a mobile or a £10 so i wouldn't advertise my self like that just my thoughts tho

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
lol ok, I guess that idea is out the window. People were using google maps to steal koi etc from ponds, probably still do:wb:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
ok but a map indicator would just state a city and not the street and road number etc ? Or am I wrong ? You still show Kent as were you live so the map pin would only mark Kent, which you have in your profile anyway, so there would be no difference. :whistle: cheers jk :thumbup:

toddy123

Nov 4, 2010
kent
Kent is a big place lol any way if somebody want to find you that bad they can just find you through your I.P address and that will mark you on the google map and it will trace your router to around 100 yards :(