• Fridge magnets

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • other--please state

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
We are going to be sorting out some merchandise soon and would like some feedback from you guys about what you would be most interested in buying. The poll is a multiple answer poll but could you please limit your votes to your top 3 items.

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
I clickd other my reason would be.. Fish bags we all buy and sell fish either private or via auctions why not get some bags with logo and details on them and we can all use them when we part with fish and help promote the site further.

Jamie24

Jul 29, 2009
Devon
I clickd other my reason would be.. Fish bags we all buy and sell fish either private or via auctions why not get some bags with logo and details on them and we can all use them when we part with fish and help promote the site further.

Good idea, rounded corners a must! :yes:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
As we are all aware this site takes time and money to run.
May I suggest that we could all at our yearly meetings to buy fish have a action of fish donated by members with the funds going to pay for the mugs ect to be brought?
If every member that went to the last Pier/ Rare Aquatics meeting brought 5 fish and donated the proceeds to the site it would have netted around £100 or more I am sure.

I for one would pay slightly over the odds if the money was going to be used for this site.

I am willing to host a West Country meeting and an auction in my fish house?
I am also willing to donate 5 x very outstanding “Scribble” pleco fry for auction.
We have some outstanding LFS in the area, several; Maidenhead Aquatics, Aquajardine and a few more.

Last edited:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Ok Any one interested in the auction idea give me a PM

I am willing to hold in my house
May I sugest every one brings 5 fish and we auction them?
The funds go to P P and then we do a tour of the LFS in the area?
Any Saturday would be fine.

Only down side is the wife may wish to insult some of you!

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Ok Any one interested in the auction idea give me a PM

I am willing to hold in my house
May I sugest every one brings 5 fish and we auction them?
The funds go to P P and then we do a tour of the LFS in the area?
Any Saturday would be fine.

Only down side is the wife may wish to insult some of you!
this could be a go'er Bob, how about starting a new thread in the UK forum so we can have a good brain storm about it.
As for merchandise, looks like we will be needing a 2012 calendar yes?
although if the Myans are right, we could just do half the year lol

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
The object of the exercise is to bring awareness to the site, Visibility is the key,
So things that will be seen in public would be best, ie bumper stickers are a bewdy, the t-shirts and key rings, all would be seen by people outside our homes, Like, a fridge magnet isn't gonna bring members in, as it will not be seen by many...
Very generous of you Macv. :eek:)

Last edited:

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
The object of the exercise is to bring awareness to the site, Visibility is the key,
So things that will be seen in public would be best, ie bumper stickers are a bewdy, the t-shirts and key rings, all would be seen by people outside our homes, Like, a fridge magnet isn't gonna bring members in, as it will not be seen by many...
Very generous of you Macv. :eek:)
but small items can be bought for other peeps as presents and then the awareness spreads :D

Not sure about the bumper stickers, I don't stick stuff on my car :dk:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
I like the idea of fish bags etc to get items that more and more people see. Also please note larger items might cost more for people who need shipping overseas. Bumper stickers make great giveaways at fish stands and LFS, they do not neccessarily need to be stuck on your car.As I cannot attend you auction, would donate an Australian T-Shirt for the cause, just let me know size and where to send to. cheers jk :thumbup:

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
i cant see that the fish bag idea being possible, we are looking more at merchandise that is available from sites like zazzle and cafepress, i.e T-shirts, mugs etc

Doodle

May 4, 2009
Bracknell
Am liking the ideas! shame i dont have fry to offer!

I, like others, enjoyed the calender and was hoping id get a 2011 one but alas!

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I like the idea of fish bags etc to get items that more and more people see. Also please note larger items might cost more for people who need shipping overseas. Bumper stickers make great giveaways at fish stands and LFS, they do not neccessarily need to be stuck on your car.As I cannot attend you auction, would donate an Australian T-Shirt for the cause, just let me know size and where to send to. cheers jk :thumbup:
Thank you Bigbird:D

We will pull all the stops out this year to get 2012 calendars done,will probably started sorting it around September time to ensure they are done way before Christmas. This time tho we may require preorders and a deposit to make sure everyone that wants one gets one and to avoid having loads left over:D

Thank you to everyone that has voted on the poll so far:clap::clap::clap: