Mixing Cory Species?

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
I just rehomed the 4 clown loaches of the apocolypse as they reached the 5" mark and they weren't fitting in with my plecs very well, nothing major just the beginnings of bickering over food and and caves. Anyway, they've gone to join my friends 2m asian river tank with Clowns, Balas, CAEs, and Blue Botias. <3
So, I have space in my 4' tank again, I already have 5 bronze/albinos in there and I was wondering if a half dozen sterbai would get on with the bronzes? Any worry about hybridization? This tank stays between 25-30*C depending on time of year, and PH is at 6.5 usually. Tankmates are L128 4", L114 3.5", Pecolita sp. 3", 5 bronze cories, 3 baby bala sharks about 2", 6x blackskirt tetras.
If Sterbai isn't the right choice what other cory would do?

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
I keep lots of cory species together with no problems and hybridisation is rare but not impossible. I currently have just the one bronze cross rabauti, lol.
I would say sterbai are fine with bronze and will add some colour to the tank :)

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
This is what I love about the forums is getting varied responses.:D I guess it's down to personal choice. Sunday is fish shop day so I'll let you know what pans out..:yes:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
If you have fry predators in the tank you can put any number of cories and variety together. I think either the other corys or the plecos or even the guppies eat eggs and fry. Very occasionally I find a juvi cory but its rare and never cross bred sort.