More L201's

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
I've had these 2 approx 18 months. I bought them at auction as the breeder told me she was putting a sexed pair through. Got to say these were quite small and I'm not sure they were sexable so was a tad dissapointed with the breeder.

Anyway, I've moved my tank bred in with my wilds so took the chance to get pics.

1) does anyone think they are actually a pair?

2) Is one possibly a snub nose?

Thanks for your help:D

Snub nose?

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
i wouldn't have said it was snub nosed gem, but there is most definately a difference in head and body shape.
i would have said that the one with the pointy head is female, and the other a male, but i have yet to sex any of my hypans correctly yet lol

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Both female particularly if full grown neither of these look at all like an adult L201 male, bottom picture and the forth picture is a snub which is the difference in head shape the other is a female too.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
It was claimed they were a pair when I got them in april 2010, in fact I've found the original thread on here about them so I'm assuming they should definitely be sexable now, plus they are slightly larger than the wilds I picked up the other day.

Looks like I will have a surplus of females. Am I right in thinking I should remove the snub looking one if any breeding looks on the cards?

Thanks for your help, just confirmed what I thought, although I did hope to be proven wrong in this case :wb: