Need advice on bristlenose fry.

LittleSteve35

Mar 6, 2021
Hi I need some advice. I'm a bit new to fish having babies but after having them for a couple of years I've got 4 types of fish all doing it over the last few months.
I've signed up on here I found some orange eggs on some bog wood while I was cleaning it. The dad is I think a golden nugget and the mother a albino.
I've had a read on the web and set up a small tank filled with water from my big tank and put the bog wood with the eggs attached to along with the dad. After a few days they have hatched and started free swimming but not all.
I need advice on what's the best thing to feed them ? and How long do I leave the dad in with the fry before I put him back in the big tank

kristyjackson

Dec 22, 2020
Hi. I suggest providing a "man cave" for them is the first step. They really love to hide in a close shelter. As to when you need to keep the dad with them, I think as long as the dad cares for them. But you can put back the dad in the big aquarium once in a while for him to feed and relax. But let's still wait for the other responses about this. In the meantime, I suggest reading this good article I found online https://www.tankarium.com/bristlenose-pleco/ will help you on how to take care and feed them.

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,
Golden Nugget => Baryancistrus xanthellus
No albinos are known of this so far.

Maybe you mean forms of normal Ancistrus. Or?

When they hatch, you can feel them with powdered food. For example: crushed catfish tabs.
After hatching, they can also be separated from the father.
Trumpet snails (Melanoides tuberculata) can ensure cleanliness.
Look also: manual hatching of catfish eggs

Greetings
Elko