need help in identifying some plec's

PlecFanatic

Oct 3, 2012
London
Hello everyone,

I received 2 plec's from someone who didn't want them anymore. They was about half an inch when I got them. Thing is, i don't know what type of Plec they both are.
The person who gave them to me said she got them from a pet shop and they was just labelled Pleco's.

I have added pictures of them. Hope someone can help me in identifying these babies :)

Attachments

PlecFanatic

Oct 3, 2012
London
Ok. Thank you once again.

How long does it take for them to grow? I have had them for a couple of months and they have only grown half an inch.

Is there anything I can give them in terms of food to help their growth?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
That's pretty good growth for them I think.
Food is just one component in getting good growth and getting quick growth isn't always the best thing for the overall health of the fish. Good water quality plays a large part in how quickly fish grow so maintaining optimum water quality will maximize growth. Foods high in animal protein will bring about increased growth but feeding it to Ancistrus can also bring about bloat and possibly death. If not harmed short term, high proportions of animal proteins can harm the internal organs in the long term as Ancistrus are primarliy herbivorous and their organs were not developed to process high amounts of animal proteins.

PlecFanatic

Oct 3, 2012
London
Thats great information :) Thank you very much for all your help :) I look forward to seeing more pics of other members plecs and also sharing mine :D

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
The first two photos are of the same fish? The long length of nose may indicate it will be a male. Males noses will feel soft and squishy when you rub it.
The third photo missed the head but that fat belly looks like it could develop into a female so if you are lucky you might have a pair. :)