Need some help IDing my Plecos

sandstone

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa, U.S.
HELP.. I had to move all my plecos out of our home in May cause of the flooding here in Iowa.. Now I am back home and getting my plecos back home and found out the persons that where keeping them for me had put them all together, now I am trying to sort them out so I can put them back in their own tanks.. Here is the 1st 5 that I need to ID.. The ones that where all together are my
L333, (had 10 of theses)
L450, (had 5 of theses)
L270. (had 7 of theses)
L340. (had 5 of these, the smaller size)
L318, (had 6 of these)
and 2 unidentify plecos..(2 of theses)
(I HAD 20 PLECOS THAT ALL PUT TOGETHER AND I AM MISSING THE ABOVE L NUMBERS,,,,THIS COULD BE THE SAME L NUMBER BUT COULD ALL BE DIFFERENT L NUMBERS, JUST 5 OF THE 1ST ONE I CAUGHT IN THE TANK.) so there is not one of each of the L number above. I know that I lost alot of my plecos in the move.

Pictures go 1,,, 2,,,3,,,4,,, 5,,,

Attachments

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
wow this will be like winning the lottery, the squiggly hypan ID war.
Any chance on side shots of each ?
It will be near impossible in my view to ID otherwise.
My rough guess 340?/318/270/333/450 but honestly very rough. cheers jk :thumbup:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
glad to hear you're back home Sandy, and amen,you got your plecs back...i was concerned about the floods there. They shouldda given ya more warning before opening the dams -:dk:

Georgie

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
having just had a look, i agree with brengun.
fish 1 and 2 seem to be same, fish 3 and 5 seem to be the same. fish 4 .so you have 3 types. just my thought at looking at your pics. cheers jk