New Era branded food

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
Just wondering if anyones used New Era branded fish food? I received a few samples from Age of aquariums when i brought the ingo seidel book however the sample packets dont list the ingredients?

Theus

Apr 30, 2012
Iowa
I'm sure you could find the ingredients online, however back when I used to have alot of plecos and even now, I don't feed my fish anything I'm not familiar with or can't see a list of ingredients on the package, specially when you consider the price of some of these fish. But that's just the way I think.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
My fish love New era food, I use the pleco pellets, catfish pellets and the flake but have also used the american cichlid pellets which are good for hypans etc and the african cichlid pellets which I gave to my ancistrus.

The only issue we've found is that occaionally small pieces of veg, possibly cabbage comes is found floating in the tank from the pleco pellets which we break up into smaller pieces depending on the plecs were feeding :)

Cheers
Gem

hinchles

Feb 13, 2012
UK
as Gem all the plecs love the new era pleco and catfish pellets.

Its like feeding time at the zoo when you put them in. (disclaimer: my fish are like that with any food though!)

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
If you go to the AOA website and click on the New Era food tab you will find the ingredients listed there.
Thanks :), i came across it last night when i was looking. I trialled the pellets and they were all gone in the morning so my pepps seem to like them :) Might get some after i get some NLS mega fish formula

Matty

Mar 13, 2012
Qld, Brisbane
I've almost gotten through my first 300 g of New Era Plec Pellets. I feed it to all bristlenose and peppermints, they go crazy for it! My once shy pepps will now come out more to have a go at the pellets. Great stuff :) I had problems with Hikari clouding my tank and such but none with New Era.

hinchles

Feb 13, 2012
UK
the new era stuff is awesome every type of plec and cory seems to love them (get the tiny ones for the corys) I've been singing their praises for a while now. Only downside is they're quite protein heavy so don't feed them all the time to plecs that have digestive issues with too much protein.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
I've used the green African cichlids pellets on my ancistrus and hypans and the red American Cichlid pellets with my hypans and pdeudas with no problems at all although these days I tend to offer them the new era pleco pellets and catfish pellets as these have become more readily available locally.