New Era Plec Pellets

rickyjjuk

Jun 3, 2009
Suffolk
Hi All :hi:

I was wondering is anyone has any experience with these pellets??? :dk:

I was in a lfs and picked a tub up! They are really soft and stink like mad. I put a couple in 2 of my tanks with some plecs and cories in and soon as they went in they went mad for them!!!!

Regards

Ricky

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
hey ricky - i havent seen them in my lfs -what are the ingrediants? Wouldn't mind some myself if they love them that much! respects cole

rickyjjuk

Jun 3, 2009
Suffolk
Hey All

Yeah just trying it with BN, gold nugget and cories at the moment.

The ingredients are :

Protein 39.4
Inorganic matter 17.3
Oils and fats 7
Moisture 25
Fibre 1.5

Which adds upto 90.2 ?

Regards

Ricky

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
cheers ricky...
i tried looking these up on line but couldnt find anything...
has anyone else had any luck?
I am trying to get pellets that are good for bn's..so veg proteine rather than meat... does it say what kind it is ?
(learning from my mistakes!)

thanks again ricky
cole

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
We have just started stocking it, it will be applied to our website next week, have been testing the range in store for the last week with the sample containers, all the fish go mad for the stuff even the picky wild discus race too the discus pellet which did make me surprised, will take a feeding video for you guys later

rickyjjuk

Jun 3, 2009
Suffolk
The tub I got was 120g and the pellets are about 15mm long by 6mm round and they cost me £5.50 a pack? I have noticed that if you put more than 2 or 3 in a 2ft they make the water cloudy though! But so far in all the tanks I have tried them in all types of fish hunt them out very quickly?

I did find a couple of posts on the Internet about them saying they don't do or have in them what they say they do???

Composition on these is fish and fish derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, minerals, molluscs and crustaceans, oils and fats?

Regards

Ricky

rickyjjuk

Jun 3, 2009
Suffolk
Yeah I see them there for sale too but these are called plec pellets and seem a lot bigger than what I was expecting !!! :lol:

Jimmy

Mar 21, 2011
UK
cheers ricky...
i tried looking these up on line but couldnt find anything...
has anyone else had any luck?
I am trying to get pellets that are good for bn's..so veg proteine rather than meat... does it say what kind it is ?
(learning from my mistakes!)

thanks again ricky
cole
New Era can be found HERE but I think they have only recently expanded their tropical range and there is a new website coming soon.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
My plecs and corys go mad for this stuff, although it does start to work out a little expensive when you have a large number of fish to cater for.

I'd definitely recommend trying it :)