New peckoltia

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Just bought these two, I think there must have been a mix up when they were being caught as these both look male now as opposed to the when we were trying to sex them in a bucket from about 9 of them :wb: I might take one back unless anyone thinks they might be a pair? They came in as L15 but the closest I can find to them is 'rio nhamunda' in the back to nature book and they are approx 8cm TL. The one on the left in most pics is the def male.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Thanks, they are similar to that pic but really are spitting image of the pic in the back to nature book, when I have time (going to bed now) I'll look on planet catfish as they may have been assigned an L number since the book came out. I'll try and get some side shots when they have settled.

Cheers
Gemma

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Updated pics

These are the same fish 10 months on, now nice and fat! The male is nice and hairy and I think I have a pair :) Still a little unsure on ID, any ideas?

Sorry coud only get a belly shot of the 'female'

female

male

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
My pics don't really do them justice, the only reason the male was out is that he was given a new (bigger) cave and refuses to use it so looks like the old one may be going back in, lol. L140 is certainly a contender and will do some homework on them.

Thanks Geoff :)