New pick up to ID

Marsbar

Apr 26, 2009
Lincoln
Hello
I could not resist buying these two fish yestarday, I think they are a pair but I am not sure, I dod not even know what L number they are for sure. Hopefully one of you out there will have a better idea.

I bought 2 fully spotted L128 as well, think they are both females @5" will post pics when I have time.

Pair
[/IMG]

Male
[/IMG]

Male
[/IMG]

Female
[/IMG]

Female

Even the eyes have spots in
[/IMG]

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
325 would certainly fit with the blue colour to them, i would imagine they would have been fairly expensive from a shop if they are 325 though.
and Joe may be right about being 2 males, its unusual to have females with forked/ branched bristles, hopefully its a she and that she is just unique lol

Marsbar

Apr 26, 2009
Lincoln
the one i think is a female is slightley bigger and the bristles are thinner, mostly around the front edge of the head. They are from maidenhead crowland (bargain price) fingers crossed they are a pair.
Thanks for the comments.
Ps any l325 keepers have any comments

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
the one i think is a female is slightley bigger and the bristles are thinner, mostly around the front edge of the head. They are from maidenhead crowland (bargain price) fingers crossed they are a pair.
Thanks for the comments.
Ps any l325 keepers have any comments
I noticed that.. It does look female the only niggle in my mind is the forked bristles.

Mark Roesner

Jul 15, 2011
Fareham
I saw these fish in MA@Crowland and I was going to purchase them, but i thought they were both males. Only time will tell as they mature

Thanks

Mark R

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
My old pair of bristlenoses both had forked bristles, pretty much the same as your female hope that helps. Nice looking plecs btw

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
They do look the same as the L325 on planet catfish, including the spotted eyes. The possible female doesn't have any bristles up the snout and they do look a decent size. I'd lean much more towards female with that one.

Nice find <3

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
The blue is very vivid on the adults as in the background colour it is easier to see with your own eyes rather than a photo if that makes sense.
Here is a picture of one of my fry if you get the adults onto something black all their fins are extremely blue as apposed to the spots which are lighter

andrewcoxon

May 5, 2010
north england
just found this thread yesterday, nice fish whatever they are!! <3

here are some pics i took this morning of my L325 breeder female, i got one for a ray count too as that might help with an id for your fish.

Last edited:

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Ild say its a medusa

but with the forked bristles ild say male then just incase, the hair on it screams male! sorry mate they are good lookin fish

Last edited: