Newbie needs schooling on Snow White bn

Scott Slater

Mar 9, 2022
G day from WA guys l have had common bn for 40 years recently I have started collecting all the different ones l can get all I needed.no w was Green Dragon Snow White and goldens being a newbie I never thought I would get greens or whites but after buying a batch of juvies from a single tank mixed brown and albinos it took weeks before I noticed black eyed albinos after much study & disbelief they tuned out to be Snow White's 6 of them seem to turn up on breedings of common and albinos from time to time some on the web have a red patch on head some that look more solid white with no patch mine are the latter even better 1 has black eye patch like puppy also the European varieties seem to be very fragile I think these fish have had too much inter and cross breeding possibly with reds where mine seem to come from natural breeding between common & abino hopefully making this strain very hardy my fish seem to have a very solid white colour only slightly translucent unlike others I've seen

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

Albinos generally have red eyes. If they are relatively colorless/yellow with black eyes then they are xanthonous.
Albino is recessive. If you cross albino and common, you get (any) common again.
The cultivated forms of common arise through selection.
Cross breeding always leads to some intermediate form and is crap.

Cultivated forms of comon bn.
Hybrids? – No, thank you!

Greetings
Elko

Scott Slater

Mar 9, 2022
Believe me Elko these are Snow whites l am 100 percent sure these things are spectacularly white I have vibrant and washed out yellows they don't compare. As there is not alot of info on them l believe the European ones will be genetically different as I said these were bred from brown and albino stock not crossbreeding with manmade colour varieties. If I comparewith others on web even as juvies they have the more solid colour of the best ones. This beginner is only using common sense and solid evidence. If the guy who bred them does it again and finds them and realises we may get an answer and maybe a genetically superior white as mine tend to be very robust and are always front and centre at feed time competing with much larger bristlenose and growing like weeds. Not like those European weeklings let's see what happens seeya