ollies fish house in the making

ollie

Jan 28, 2011
cornwall uk
i have been building a new fish house for the past few months and have finally got some tanks set up , they are 6 18" cubes and are on a centralised sump .
the sump is 48x18x15 and houses plastic pot scrubbies , alpha grog , filter foam pads and floss .

the pump is a eheim 3000+ compact 55w and 2 300w heaters , but will be adding another 2 , total turnover is about 2/3 times per hour.

plumbing is 22mm waste overflows into 32mm waste an the pump return is 22mm waste and each tank has it own on/off tap.
i will be adding another 2 tanks to this sump which will be a 48x18x15 and a 36x18x15 and all tanks will have its own sponge filter/s.
the sump is also drilled at the bottom with a tap on it to back flush the sump and to do water changes .

water is aged hma and out the tap it is ph 7.3 and very soft , hardley registers .

i will be hooking the shed up to the house central heating system before next winter comes as this is going to be the cheapest option .

at the moment i am currently building my other rack on the opposite side and this has 2 24x18x24 and 1 48x24x24 these will be on a seperate sump .
the rest of the rack will be 14 24x12x12 and these are going on there own sump.

the shed is 16x8 and was built last year in the summer , it is insulated with polystyrene 4" thick and the floor is also insulated and where i can i have put foiled bubble wrap , so is nice and cosey , i will be adding an extractor fan shortley.

now my main interests are southamerican cichlids , west african cichlids , corydoras and im going to have ago at some l numbers and a couple of pairs of discus. i used to have a fish house about 15 years ago and bred cichlids and miss it like mad so am pretty keen to get things moving along .
my tanks and sump that i have set up at the moment are all cycled , but as i am still banging about in there im going to take it easy on purchasing to much at the minute if i can .
ill put a few pics up , there not the best as ive only got a 55-200mm lens as i broke my my normal one

just like to finish by saying what a wonderful and very informative forum this is , love it

Attachments

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
That is extremly smart! I myself like things to be just so, very neat and even.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on what fish you get.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
looks great, thanks for posting the thread, you'll have to keep updating with more pics when you get more set up

ollie

Jan 28, 2011
cornwall uk
That is extremly smart! I myself like things to be just so, very neat and even.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on what fish you get.
looks great, thanks for posting the thread, you'll have to keep updating with more pics when you get more set up
thanks for the nice comments . i have a little ocd with things i do and like everything to be right and clean and tidy and in its place:D.

as soon as i get some more done i will keep you updated with pics:)