OOOHH! close one!

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
got home last night to find in my main tank what looked like 2 dead 12" plus L25's! sh!t me pants and ripped the hood off the tank. that scared them and they moved a bit. they were both really light in colour and on closer inspection i noticed that the filter was clogged and the fish werent getting any oxygen. sorted it all out and went to bed. barely got a wink lol! this morning they seem alot better but still a bit pale in colour. hope im out of the woods! any advice?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
a good water change might help too.
I had a similar low oxygen problem once when I added some meds and did not realise they reduce oxygen and I should have had an air stone.
do you have much surface water movement or air bubbling in the tank, this helps to maintian oxygne levels too.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Lucky save!! I always like to keep my spray bars above the waterline as so to get maximum surface agitation as well as a powerhead with venturi.

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
a couple of nice big cooler water changes mate, not surprised you filled your pants.
lol! mate, it was horiible! they were all white and floating! cleared out the filters but didnt change water as i dont like to do too many changes at once to the tank for example filter clean, gravel clean, water change etc. but tonight will change 40%

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
put some plants in a while back to decorate and the plats got smashed up the plecs then the filtrers picked em up