Planted Tanks Pics

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Some of you guys must have planted tanks and pics that you can share:clap::clap::clap:

blondeyny

Mar 21, 2010
FL
Finally was able to add the driftwood last week after it soaking a month.:clap:
Here is my end result.....well so far LOL

blondeyny

Mar 21, 2010
FL
It still looks a little bare to me. Well, maybe the driftwood looks bare to me LOL Just don't know what I can do with it, with low light options, without over doing it. Not to mention a BN that is like a bull in a china shop LOL

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Here are a couple of my Apistogramma tank. It doesn't have CO2, and I keep the nutrient regime very lean (I do very occasionally add some nutrients to the substrate, and the very occasional feed with KNO3). The substrate was silica sand and small amounts of clay and leaf mould.

This is an old female, male is on left facing the camera.

&
This is my old male "Troy" and offspring in 2008, he fathered hundreds of fry, including some now residing with Mr G.

cheers Darrel

2wheelsx2

Dec 21, 2009
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Very, very nice 2wheels:clap::clap:

Do you use co2 at all?
Thanks Doodles. The 125 and the 20 are injected with pressurized CO2. The 125 is low light, so the CO2 rate is pretty low too, as that's my main pleco tank. The 20 is high light and has a high rate of CO2, so I only have a few plecos in it (4x L340's and a couple of juvie L144). The 15 is low light and is dosed with Excel, no CO2.