Please confirm these L066 sexes for me

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Hi everyone,

I divided my tank & think I may have put all of the females together and a fish I thought was a female for ages now looks like he is a male.
I personally think the fish are:
1 - 10.5cm, nice light colour. I thought female but now very hairy!
2 - 10cm male?
3 - 12.5 one of my big mumma females?
4 - 11cm female?
5 - 12.5cm my other big female?

What are your opinions please? Heavy rains today & I'm hoping keeping them apart looking at each other through a divider would be like having a male and females prison separated by a wire fence haha.
Once I get your thoughts I'll pair them up
Thanks so much :)

FISH 1

FISH 2

FISH 3

FISH 4

FISH 5

FISH 1,2 & 4

.jpg.html"]124_zps89b9fe1a.jpg Photo by Natboy | Photobucket[/url]

FISH 3 & 5

One of my fat females :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
I might have to take the divider out & see what happens. Fish 1 has a very round stomach as well. So females get really hairy as well? I had two trios but lost a big male a few months back. That young male is going to think it's christmas haha

Last edited:

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Would it be worth buying a big male to see what happens?
Fish 1 & 2 were together for the past few months with no action.
Maybe the male is too young and small for the females?
All 5 are now in a 4 foot tank together with a big pile of wood in the middle & 5 caves underneath with a good flow going past, temp 30 & ph 6.5ish
Thank you :)

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Do you have a female constantly caving? Why I ask is I had a female who virtually took over the caves area and my young male would not cave at all.
I removed her and he's happy in a cave now.

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
When I had the divider in one of the big females took a cave & on the other side the small small had the cave with fish 1 sitting there looking at him.
That's why I thought she was female too. I have left them alone with lights off since I removed the divider saturday so I'll have a look tonight at whats going on.

I am thinking of getting a big male as the tank is big & I can spread the caves out.
I wish I knew 100% what fish 1 was then I could divide them into trios after I buy another male. Would that make sense?